HawkSearch, the site search platform that utilizes advanced machine learning and pattern analysis to deliver the best search experience for website visitors, is pleased to announce the recent launch of HawkSearch on the new Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM) website. NFM is one of the largest home furnishing stores in North America selling furniture, flooring, appliances and electronics. They were founded in 1937 in Omaha, Nebraska and acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 1983. Nebraska Furniture Mart has locations in Omaha, Kansas City, Des Moines, and Dallas. NFM needed a search and merchandising engine that could support their online ecommerce growth.
Choosing the platform-agnostic HawkSearch tool, the new NFM website includes:
- A powerful search tool that customizes the site search experience
- Large number of filters available for NFM’s wide assortment of products
- Ability to support region-based pricing and availability for their stores
- Ability to build and merchandise product landing pages
- Specific SEO requirements in terms of filters and landing pages so they have the ability to rank their landing pages for long tail searches
- Ability to build dynamic widgets that are capable of returning Top Brands, Top Products, Top Categories
- Sync functionality that allows merchandisers to preview and test their changes before publishing them to production
- Ability to leverage the search tool in each store on tablets that NFM sales representatives use
NFM utilizes HawkSearch in very unique ways. The entire content on their site, from the homepage to the product detail page, is driven using HawkSearch Merchandising features. HawkSearch allows NFM to tailor the content displayed on the website, depending on the region and other factors about their users. The new site has an extremely clean filter design and includes an intuitive website experience that allows visitors to easily find the products they’re interested in. HawkSearch CTO Shreyas Kamath said, “We’re proud to provide the powerful HawkSearch tool to Nebraska Furniture Mart. We’re continuously looking to further streamline the site search experience for our customers in order to increase their conversions and sales, allowing for a truly remarkable and productive user experience.”
HawkSearch is an intelligent search and recommendations platform that powers success for any size business across all industries. Our goal is to ensure brands have innovative tools to deliver accurate, relevant and customizable search experiences enabling users to find the relevant results for their needs in context, no matter the device, platform, or language. Having completed over 400+ implementations, HawkSearch is utilized for delivering engaging and personalized search experiences through our innovative features, which enable marketers, merchandisers and developers to accomplish their goals. To learn more visit www.hawksearch.com.
Nebraska Furniture Mart was founded by Rose Blumkin in 1937 in the basement of her husband’s pawn shop in Omaha, Neb. In 1983, investor Warren Buffett purchased a majority interest in NFM and made it part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Today, NFM is one of the nation’s largest home furnishings retailer, selling furniture, flooring, appliances and electronics. NFM currently has locations in Omaha, Neb., Des Moines, Iowa, Kansas City, Kan. and Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, which totals over 4.6 million square feet of retail and distribution space. For more information on Nebraska Furniture Mart, visit www.nfm.com.