Effective Relevant Recommendation Strategies
Customers love that personal touch when shopping online and offering relevant product recommendations creates a very satisfying experience for them. These strategies not only play a huge part in influencing visitor behavior, but they can also be a major driver for additional revenue for merchandisers. Let's talk about the various types of effective relevant recommendation strategies that will transform site visitors to conversions.
- Also Bought – Suggest products that are commonly purchased together by offering additional items which other visitors have bought based on order transaction history.
- Also Viewed – Recommend items that are similar to the products viewed by the visitor. Products are considered to be similar if most people view them while shopping.
- Best Sellers – Integrate actual sales data into the recommendation logic. Display to visitors products that have a history of robust sales.
- Featured Items – Feature contextually relevant products based on attributes, such as brand, price or category.
- Hot Now! – Promote products based on real time buy, add to cart or viewing behavior.
- More Like This – Offer relevant recommendations for items that are similar based on user-defined fields such as title, brand or product description.
- Most Popular – Promote the “most popular” products with real-time data, from the Buy, Add To Cart or View sections of the website.
- Recently Viewed – Make it easy for your visitors to shop and navigate the products they’ve looked at by displaying a list of recently viewed items.
- Trending Items – Use data from the “most popular,” “hot now” and “best sellers” categories to calculate a trending factor to feature items that are among the most browsed and purchased.
A proven relevant recommendations strategy will play an important part in boosting sales by making the visitor shopping experience more engaging and satisfying.