Berlin Packaging L.L.C.
Berlin Packaging L.L.C. is the leading seller of rigid packaging and industrial supplies.
During the past several years, Berlin Packaging’s sales have grown dramatically and their website has become a very important marketing, branding and sales channel. With tens of thousands of products with many different descriptions online, the company’s current on-site search engine didn’t ﬁt their needs.
- The type of products that Berlin Packaging offers can vary drastically from very large steel drums to 0.5 ounce vials, with several different colors and attributes. The company needed a way for customers to be able to search for the items they needed in an organized and easy to use fashion. Search result relevance is extremely important when managing such a diverse inventory of products.
- The Berlin Packaging marketing team needed a dynamic and cohesive way to control and inﬂuence customers’ search results based on a variety of factors in alignment with the company’s own marketing and merchandising goals. Berlin’s on-site search tool would need to not only provide personalized and relevant search results for website shoppers, but also be able to help the company execute its own marketing initiatives.
- Because the company has thousands of SKUs to choose from on their website, there was a signiﬁcant need to keep inventories and pricing fresh and current. Any delays regarding search engine indexing of their site could cause serious interruption to their customers’ strategic planning and supply chain.
After completing a comprehensive survey of the onsite search solution marketplace, Berlin Packaging chose Hawksearch for its extremely fast auto-indexing, outstanding search relevance capabilities, and marketing dashboard tools.
- Hawksearch empowers Berlin to provide very accurate and relevant search results, which display the exact products that customers want to purchase. Over 40,000 items are categorized in an easy to find manner and search refinement can be further achieved by such product facets as material type, cap style, color, shape and size. Hawksearch has enabled Berlin Packaging to present their product catalogue in a very effective and efficient manner.
- By utilizing the Hawksearch marketing dashboard, Berlin Packaging can proactively impact their customers’ search results via such tools as Relevancy Tuning, Smart Autocomplete, SEO Influencer, Boost & Bury, Banners, popular searches and more. In addition, dynamic metrics reporting provides Berlin Packaging the ability to measure the effectiveness of their marketing strategies with actual customer search data.
- The Hawksearch automatic re-indexing feature allows Berlin Packaging to keep their online inventory levels and pricing strategy current for thousands of products, which allows their customers to rely on the website’s product availability and cost of materials data. Having accurate inventory and pricing information gives Berlin the ability to market their product offerings such that customers can accomplish their manufacturing goals.
- 3800 Avg. Searches Per Day
- 1500 Unique Users Daily
- 2000 Search Related Clicks Per Day
“With over 40,000 products of such an enormous variety online, we needed a search partner that would organize our website in an uncomplicated and shopper friendly fashion. Hawksearch has been a great solution for us, as now our customers can easily search for everything they need and also stay updated on current inventory levels. Hawksearch is also a great help in our marketing efforts, by providing tools that help us promote our campaigns and other sales efforts.”
“With thousands of products of such an enormous variety online, we needed a search partner that would organize our website in an uncomplicated and shopper-friendly fashion. Hawksearch has been a great solution for us, as now our customers can easily search for everything they need and also stay updated on current inventory levels. Hawksearch is also a great help in our marketing efforts, by providing tools that help us promote our campaigns and other sales efforts.”
- Rebecca Gummerson
Senior Director of Ecommerce