Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptance of Use Policy
All services provided by Hawk Search, Inc. ("Hawk") to Customers are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in this Acceptable Use Policy ("Use Policy") services. With notice to Customer, Hawk may update its Use Policy. The current terms found at www.hawksearch.com/contract/hawkaup will be in effect.
Hawk Search is a Software as a Service used to search and navigate information and Hawk’s Customers have the responsibility to use this resource in a lawful manner. In order to ensure that the services provided by Hawk comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local government laws, rules, and regulations, Hawk has instituted this Hawk Search Use Policy governing the use of the search and navigation services provided under the terms and conditions of a Hawk Master Services Agreement found at www.hawksearch.com/contract/hawkmsa.
This policy applies to the Customer using Hawk’s services ("Services").
All software and equipment maintained by Hawk or its partners are the sole property of Hawk. Notwithstanding, communications and data received, sent or stored using Hawk services are property and responsibility of the Customer and its end-users (as further described in the Agreement). While Hawk does not pre-screen content received or stored using Hawk's services, Hawk and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any content that is available via the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Hawk and its designees shall have the right to remove any content that violates the policies described herein or the Master Services Agreement or that is otherwise objectionable. Customer agrees that it must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. Any violation of this policy will subject the user to the terms and conditions outlined below and in any other agreements or policies.
Restrictions on Use
Customer agrees NOT to use the Services to:
- transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, containing explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including, but not limited to, sexual language of a violent or a threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals);
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Service;
- transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, trade secrets, proprietary and/or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or "pyramid schemes;"
- transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
Customer agrees to not use Hawk’s service to publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any text, music, software, art, image, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Hawk may terminate the service of copyright infringers.
System and Network Security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability.
Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unauthorized access, use, probing, or scanning of a system’s security or authentication measures, data or traffic.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system, or broadcast attacks.
- Intentional distribution of viruses or documents containing viruses.
Consequences of Violation of the Use Policy
Hawk may charge you its hourly rate for Use Policy breach recovery (currently $250.00) plus the cost of equipment and material needed to:
- investigate or otherwise respond to any suspected violation of this Use Policy
- remedy any harm caused to Hawk or any of its customers by the violation of this Use Policy
- respond to complaints, including complaints under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act,
- respond to subpoenas and other third party requests for information as described in the Master Services Agreement, and
- have Hawk’s Internet Protocol numbers removed from any abuse database. No credit will be available under your Hawk Service Level Agreement for interruptions of service resulting from Use Policy violations.
Any party seeking to report any violations of Hawk’s Use Policy may contact via e-mail:email@example.com