For over a dozen years, IRCE
has been the
event where e-retailers gather to network, check out new technology solutions and learn about the future of e-commerce from industry leaders. The exhibit hall will be packed with solution providers showcasing their products and services.
It's a great opportunity to compare similar technology solutions and see the products in action, but it can also be overwhelming. If you're in the market for a new site-search and e-merchandising solution, it's helpful to do some prep work before
heading to the conference.
IRCE Site Search Solution Evaluation Prep Work
- Identify the Gaps — Check in with your customer care representatives and find out what customers are saying about your site search experience. Dig into the data to gain insights into how visitors are using site search and where it may be missing the mark.
- Document your top 10 requirements — Make a list of your must have site search features and bring a copy for each vendor you plan on visiting at the event. Documenting the features ahead of time gives you a tool to take meaningful notes that you can use to communicate the capabilities when you get back to the office. Be sure to note any key differences between vendors while you're there so you don't have to leave it up to memory.
- Test Drive the solution — If you know which site search providers you're going to evaluate, take a look at their customer list (they should have one on their website) and then test drive the search and browse feature for one or more of their clients. You can get an initial look at what features they offer before the conference.
- Schedule a demo — If the solution provider(s) you are evaluating offer demos either during or after the event, be sure to take advantage of the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of how the solution would work for you.
- Prepare a list of vendor specific questions — Before pursuing an evaluation after IRCE, be ready to ask some basic questions around implementation requirements, whether or not there are regular enhancements and future plans for the product.
To help you prepare further for discussions with site search and e-merchandising technology providers, download our free guide for selecting a site search solution here.
We look forward to seeing you at IRCE 2016!