Retailers that personalize the shopping experience across channels are seeing an increase in engagement, sales and customer satisfaction.
According to a study by MyBuys
and the e-tailing group, a big percentage of consumers purchase more from retailers who:
- 53% suggest products based on browsing or buying behavior
- 52% are likely to engage with a new brand and purchase when they see relevant online ads based on current and past behavior
- 48% send personalized emails based on past browsing and buying behavior
- 48% personalize the shopping experience across all of their channels
Online merchandising is evolving from traditional techniques into sophisticated E-merchandising strategies that deliver a contextually relevant experience based on a shopper's behavior and customer data. In a nutshell, it's using technology to turn your product recommendation engine into that helpful person in the store who knows how to guide you to find what you're looking for.
In order to deliver a truly customer-centric and personalized experience across channels, it's essential that the right technology is in place.
Personalized E-Merchandising Technology Cornerstones:
- Intelligent Site Search — Advanced site search technology that "learns" what the visitor is interested in by using machine-learning technology to analyze search queries, page views, and continuously refines and personalized the results.
- Predictive Recommendations — A product recommendation engine that enables the merchandiser to implement product recommendations based on clicks, purchase behavior of similar shoppers, order history, and location—all based on real-time shopping behavior.
- SEO Impact — Tools that make your website search-engine friendly and increases product findability through search engines like Google and Bing.
E-Merchandising technology and tools enable marketing and merchandising professionals to execute a best-in-class customer-centered marketing strategy, which is the key to increasing sales.
Based on MyBuy's database of over 250 million shoppers, customer-centric marketing delivers a 25% increase in total online sales and gives a huge boost to customer lifetime value.
To sum it up, awesome things happen when you get personal with your customers across channels.